Challenge and Opportunity:
The University Experience of Latino Students in the US
This year, Hispanic Culture Review will focus its call for papers in the university experience of Latino students in the US, as well as First Generation Students. We will also consider submissions related to the achievements, challenges, and opportunities in the academic life of Hispanic students in the US. We invite writers and visual artists to submit original and finely crafted works that reflect creative interpretations of these themes.
In order to be considered, submissions should conform to the following guidelines:
- Only two literary works per author will be accepted.
- Follow the latest edition of the MLA Style Manual or the APA Style Manual.
- Texts should be written in Arial, 12 point font
- Acceptable length of text: essays (including endnotes): 3,000 words; narratives: 2,500 words; poems: up to 50 lines.
- Visual art guidelines: pictures in JPEG format, 300 pixels per inch. Up to five submissions per author will be accepted.
- Submitted works should not been previously published (print and online: social media, blogs, etc.) and should not be under review for publication elsewhere.
- We will only receive submissions via: Submittable
The selected contributions will be published in the printed and online version of HCR in April 2016.
We will be glad to answer your questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 10, 2016.
Visit us on Facebook: Hispanic Culture Review GMU